Library Hours, Policies, & Rules
Monday - Friday 8:00 to *3:45 except some *early out Mondays library closes early for staff meetings. The library is open before school 30 minutes, during both student lunches and after school for 10 minutes to return daily Chromebook Loaners or check out/in books. Note: Library may close for meetings and special events. Seating is limited, therefore the library is intended for serious students who are seeking a quiet place to study, do research and computer work.
Minimum Days - When school is dismissed early the library will be closed to students 10 minutes after school dismissal time.
Computer Use Policy:
Computers are for school-related work and School Loop access only. See the Pleasant Grove High School and Katherine Albiani Middle School Student Handbooks for the Elk Grove Unified School District's Acceptable Use Policy for computers.
- During class time, students MUST SHOW A PASS from teacher to visit the library or they're sent back to class.
- Students must check-in at the computer desk to be assigned to use a computer at the library.
- Students may print-out their computer work at the library.
Library Book Lending Policy:
- Up to 3 library books can be checked out for three weeks; most books can be renewed.
- School/Bus ID cards or StudentVUE digital ID on cellphones are required to check out books at the library.
- Students with overdue books or fines may temporarily lose borrowing privilges until overdue books are returned or ayment plans are available for lost items and fines.
- No fines are charged for overdue days, as long as the book is returned to the library.
Student Behavior Expectations:
- Be actively involved in QUIET STUDY (computers, homework, or reading).
- Electronic devices (phones, Ipods) are allowed for school related activities ONLY.
- A picture ID card or StudentVUE digital ID is required to check-out books.
- No food and beverages in the library (water OK)
- Only four students to a table.
- Use "soft" voices in the library at all times.
- Our School
- General Info
- About Us
- Attendance Office Hours
- Bell Schedule
- Course Catalog
- Culture & Climate (PBIS)
- Graduate Profile
- Vision, Mission, & Core Values
- Contact Us
- Quicklinks to Library Resources
- About Our Library
- Book Trailers
- Class Assignment Links -PGHS
- Core Novels 9th-12th Gr
- Guided Inquiry Research Steps
- Library Hours, Policies, & Rules
- Library TA Resources
- MLA 8 Resources
- Online Research Resources
- Reading Informational Text
- Student HW Resources
- Teacher Resources
- Textbook Information
- District Resources
- General Info